Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:33:31 -0500

Here's the scoop regarding GF aspirin.  Sorry it took so long, but it's
worth it ;-).
CWhite typed:
I have in front of me a bottle of Goldline Aspirin.  The label lists the
only ingredient as aspirin, 325 mg.  Address:  Goldline Laboratories,
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Bayer Genuine Aspirin is gluten free according to the latest CSA
COOPERATIVE GLUTEN FREE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS LISTING...as well as
SAV-ON Regular strength enteric coated aspirin and TEMPRA and ADVIL (both;
all varities).
Do you know about this wonderful publication?  To get it write to:
Celiac Sprue Association/USA, Inc., PO box 31700, Omaha, NE 68131-0700,
402/558-0600

Peter-Michael Marino PMMLJ@aol
     Equate at Wal-Mart is GF
                Dwight
I have not checked it lately, but Extra Strength Excedrin
was gf, and is mystand-by.
Mary Brown NYC
I called SmithKline Beecham the makers of Ecotrine
Enteric Coated Aspirin) and was told it is GF.

Mike
-=========================================================
All Exciderin products are GF and they have an aspirin.

RCJCCowley
Shop n Save, also known as Hannaford Bros.  states that all of their
pain killers are gf. Best wishes.  Karen from central New York
Elise,  Try asprin and ibuprofen sold under the house brand at Longs
Drugs.  They are both g-f and use corn starch. Ellen Switkes
Oakland, Ca
Bufferin is a form of asprin and it is GF.
Bill
The last I knew Wal-Mart brand asprin was GF, the starch in their asprin
was corn starch...you might want to call Wal-Mart to double check as that
was a year ago and ingredients do change over time.

Linda in Maine
I have been told that Bufferin is GF, and have been taking it without
problems. I'm sorry, I don't recall the source of the information. Judy
Motrin is GF, but that isn't aspirin, either, I guess!
Anne Washburn [log in to unmask]
I find it very interesting to hear that Bayer products are not gf.  The
CSA guide that I received last fall says that Genuine Bayer Aspirin is gf
so I guess one almost has to call every time that they use anything.  Both
the CSA Guide and the Tri-County CeliacGuide both state that Advil is gf,
In the Northeast, Shop n Save states that all of their pain relievers
are gf and they have an 800 number and will research any of their food
products for you also.
Karen
K-Mart brand of Tylonal is gluten free
I recently saw a post that stated Ecotrin has been checked out as gf --
it's just enteric coated aspirin, so it's easier on your tum.  (I'm sure
an archive search on "ecotrin" would turn up that particular post

Terry Bradley (Mrs.) <[log in to unmask]>
Columbus, OH
    Thanks to everyone who responded.  This was a BIG help!
                Elise