Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:09:12 EDT

My son was diagnosed 8 years ago when he was 15, partially because he was
having trouble swallowing.  He had surgery following diagnosis to keep his
stomach acid down (nissan fundeplexy) and they used endoscopies to enlarge his
throat since he was so scarred.  But now he is complaining again of swallowing
problems and has stopped eating meat or anything too chewy. He is too skinny to do
much of this.
      Is it possibly related to celiac? I'm fairly sure he keeps to a gf
diet.  His hair is thinning too, but I'm not sure that is related.  I've tried to
get him to the doctor but at this age, it's not on his agenda.
   I will summarize responses, Thanks!
                        Christine in Colorado