From:
Michael Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 13:43:19 GMT

First,  a few reminders from the listowners:

1) When you reply to someone's else post, please take a minute to think about
whether your reply should be sent privately, or posted to the whole list.
Lately, there have been many replies posted to the list, where nearly 1,100
subscribers will see it, which are purely personal.  Unless your reply contains
information of interest to others, send it privately.

2)  If you do reply to the list, please be sure to quote from the original
email so that the readers will know what you are replying to.  But do NOT quote
the entire email... please quote only the part necessary so that the context is
clear.  Every line of text you omit from the quote saves 1,100 lines of text
from being sent out and read by others.

3) If you make a post which is likely to generate replies that are not of
interest to the whole list (such as "if you send me your address, I will send
you a file about XYZ"), you can assist everyone by including a reminder that
replies should be sent to you privately.  Include your email address in the
body, since some mailers do not easily reveal the author's address.  This can
be remedied by sending an email to [log in to unmask] with the body
SET CELIAC DUALHDR.

Second, about copyrights:

We have noted with interest the recent discussion about copyright laws.  With
respect to celiac recipe books, the listowners will contact the authors
privately, and ask them whether they would approve of the publication of
individual recipes.  We want to support these authors, who have taken the time
to research and write these speialty books, and are inclined to follow their
desires, even if it is not legally required (we have not researched the law on
this issue).  The listowners will post the results soon, and we ask that in the
meantime, copyrighted recipes not be posted to the list.

Our list itself is copyrighted, but the copyright specifically permits most
non-commerical uses.  An example of our copyright can be found at the end of
the WELCOME message, or the FAQ.

The listowners