From:
Mark/Jodie Regan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:47:23 -0800

Here are the responses I received for favorite lists of gluten free
foods.  Thank you everyone!!!  I didn't realize there were so many
resources.   ~ Jodie in N. CA

The Celiac Database at http://www.celiacdatabase.org

The Celiac Database is a free, community-service for celiacs and is a
bit different than other GF lists.  It trys to use current technology
for the benefit of celiacs.  For example,

1) There is an extensive database of information: manufacturer contact
info (currently over 100,000 manufacturers), product info about
thousands of products, store and restaurant info.

2) The database is searchable.

3) The database can be accessed in several different ways: online via a
web browser, offline via a celluar phone or other wireless device and
via a Interactive Voice Interface (IVR) using any regular phone.

4) The wireless option allows you to perform product queries in a store
while you are shopping.  As long as the product is in the database, you
can get information wherever you are.  This reduces the need to carry a
stack of paper GF lists with you to the store.  If you are like me and
shop on the spur-of-the-moment, this is a real help.

5) The store and restaurant database is new.  It's small but is growing.
It is designed to help celiacs find stores and restaurants that have GF
products and/or menu items.  One special feature is the zip code locator.

Type in a zip code and the database will display nearby stores and
restaurants.  As the number of entries grows, this will become more
useful. You are encouraged to submit the names of stores and restaurants
in your own area.

A more complete description of the Celiac Database can be found at:

http://www.celiacdatabase.org/products.htm

The best list online is at mydelphi.com under celiac disease forum. This
is a zero-tolerance list, so if there is any possibility of
contamination or reports or repeated problems with an item, Abbie, who
moderates the list, pulls it off the GF list. It is the only online
source I use without doublechecking first. Good luck, Betsy in FL

I like the CSA/USA list.  I know a lot of people think that CSA is too
restrictive in the diet.  If there is something that you think is GF and
it is not on the list you can call that company.  Using the list hasn't
eliminated my calling, it has just minimized it.

The reason I like the list is that it is spiral bound.  This makes it
sturdy and easy to carry around.  my stays in my car so that I always
have it when I am at the store even if I did not plan the trip.  So the
durability of the list is important to me.  And even though CSA is
supposed to be more restrictive about the diet, I find the list to be
larger than others.  So, the types of foods may not be as varied as some
(although I really haven't checked this out) there are a lot more foods
and manufacturers included.

free online listing of grocery products and restaurant chains in the
Western US at www.gfutah.org\guide

Hi,
It is Abigail's one on this site:
http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/messages
Mireille.

Celiac Sprue Association-5th edition of commercial products listings ($8
I think)

Here ya go!  Hope this helps,
Barbara in Illinois
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html