From:
Desiree Ferrandi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:22:48 EDT

I'm sorry for the long delay in responding to your amazing suggestions.  So
many of you (over 75) offered helpful advice and sympathy.  As always, I am
overwhelmed by your kindness.  There were so many replies that it is difficult to
summarize them all.  Here are some of the highlights.

Many said to try a few other medications.  I am looking into them with my
doctor.

Some suggested I look into surgical options as they have been helped by these
procedures.  My doctor said that I wasn't a good candidate, but I'm not
giving up on that just yet -- I'm going to try for a second opinion if the
elimination diet yields no results.

The vast majority suggested an elimination diet since most of you have had
acid reflux in response to ingesting particular foods.  I am working on it now
and have already noticed that the reflux is better when I limit my dairy intake.

Suggestions also included not eating 3-4 hours before bedtime, sleeping on an
incline and avoiding spicy foods.  I have done these things too and I'm
experiencing some relief.

Again, Thank you all so much.  I was quite depressed when I sent the original
post having been dealing with this for so long with no results.  Now I have
some hope and many choices for changing my situation.

Desiree