From:
Ann Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:54:11 -0500

AD: Gluten-Free Living tackles McDonalds and other tricky issues

Celiac Disease hit all an time high in media attention recently with the
news that McDonald's French fries are fried in oil with a flavoring made
with wheat.

            If you are still confused even after reading numerous stories
about the McDonald's crisis, subscribe to Gluten-Free Living for a full
explanation of  what happened and what it might mean in terms of daily
gluten-free living.

            Gluten-Free Living is the only magazine that has been dissecting
and writing about the new allergen labeling law behind the McDonald's story.
In our next issue, we'll tell you why foods that do not contain gluten might
still have to be labeled with wheat.

            And we'll describe how the new law is leading one spelt
manufacturer to ask for an exemption from having to label his product with
wheat.

            We'll also explore the challenges faced by celiacs trying to
stick to their gluten-free diet in our story about compliance, and offer
suggestions on how to handle them.

            While we keep you informed about these important issues facing
the celiac community, we'll also bring you good news about availability of
uncontaminated oats that are safe on the gluten-free diet and about the
surge in sales of gluten-free foods as they are stocked more frequently on
grocery shelves.

            Finally, you will find pure pleasure in reading about great
desserts that are sweet and nutritious at the same time.

            As always, we pack a lot into our four-color national magazine,
which is the only publication devoted to celiac disease and the gluten-free
diet. Go to www.glutenfreeliving.com <http://www.glutenfreeliving.com/>  to
subscribe.