From:
Ellen DeHaven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 19:51:01 -0500

Hi, everybody,

This is my first time ever to communicate to "the list", so bear with
me. I have read so many letters from fellow celiacs through the list in
the past week, I have leard a great deal. I do have a request from those
who suffer as I do with fibromyalgia and how they are dealing with it.

I was diagnosed with celiac sprue 4 years just in the nick of time. I
was told if I had gone any longer with my symptoms and wacky blood
tests, I would have been dead in a month or so. When I was finally
diagnosed and was referred to another celiac, I really ate well! I
gained weight so fast, I got carpal tunnel in both wrists (no more
problem with that.) Still have a problem with weight but have trouble
with the craving for carbos/sugar. How 'bout you?

Anyway, about a year after I had gone on a GF diet, I began to have a
lot of pain all over my body, to the point I thought I was going to go
out of my mind. I was not only diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but chronic
fatigue syndrome.

I am on Paxil, 10 mg every morning and trazadone, 150mg at bedtime. When
I was first put on these meds, I slept like a rock (9-10 hours per
night) and felt great every morning. Now, I am finding the meds are not
covering the pain or that I have come out of "remission" and the meds
are not working.

I want to hear from celiacs with a link to fibromyalgia and chronic
fatigue syndrome and how you are coping.

Thank you,

Ellen from Fort Wayne, IN