From:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
CC Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:34:00 -0700

On Sunday, I wrote to www.septocaine.com.  It is the company that makes the epinephrine injection that I need in order to have a new filling in my tooth.   Here's my email to the company:

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 14:42:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: CC Thompson
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ingredients

Regarding your product:
Septocaine Articaine Hydrochloride 4% (40mg/mL) with Epinephrine 1:100,000 Injection
Does it contain any ingredients derived from grain?  I have Celiac Disease and CANNOT have any gluten.

On Tuesday, I received their response (read carefully!):
Steve Merrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello,

Our dental anesthetics products do not contain any gluten and they are derived from Grain.

Sincerely,

Septodont

Again...don't believe everything you read!  Read everything twice!  When in doubt, ask again!More importantly, read what you write before you send it off!    The above response has been readdressed only because I called the company to have it clarified.  The product IS gluten free and NOT derived from grain.  The author of that email was the vice president of the company.  He offered his apology.