From:
Jean Jasinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 09:22:53 MST

I used to own a Panasonic bread machine that did a bad job with
gluten-free bread.  First off, it made a 1 lb loaf and most of the
mixes and recipes are for 1.5 or 2 lb loaves.  Then I could not
modify how many risings the bread needed--with gluten-free bread, you
only need one rising.

So I got a Zojorushi (??) last week that is programmable.  The instructions
said to program the machine for only one knead cycle (1-18 minutes),
one rise (50 minutes) and bake (58 minutes).  I've made two loaves
of g/f bread in it:  one mix and one from "scratch."  The scratch
bread was better than the mix and it turned out well.

So if either of the machines you are considering is programmable and
makes at least a 1.5 pound loaf, get it.

Jean Jasinski