From:
Suzanne Rothrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:31:12 -0400

This line of conversation made me remember an experience a number
of years ago when I was travelling along the east coast US.

I was eating a lot of seafood and getting a decent amount of
inadvertant wheat poisoning.  After a while of this
there came a meal where I ate some shrimp
and then felt something like that burning sensation many of
you described followed by nausea, dizziness, and the head-rush
prickly kind of vision.  Then I had a spell where I fell over
and felt horrible for a while and after that it all cleared up.

There's a history of seafood allergy in one side of my family
so I attributed it to this but I can now and previously had been
able to consume seafood without any problem.

So I wonder if this was the gluten combining effects with a
mild food allergy?  Is this level of a reaction common to us?

Suzanne Rothrock Ford