From:
Julie Bort <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie Bort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:04:47 -0700

I got about 30 requests for my matzo ball recipe, so am posting it to the
list for all to enjoy.
I have taste-tested it with many wheat-eaters and when served with chicken
soup, many cannot taste the difference.  The "secret" ingredient is Cream of
Buckwheat cereal. It can be found at
many regular grocery stores, or at the large health food stores, or the
online gluten free shopping sites.

  1/2 c. brown rice flour
  1/2 c. Tapioca flour
  1/2 c. cornstarch
  1/2 T potato flour (note: this is flour, not starch)
  2 T Cream of Buckwheat cereal
  1/4 tsp x-gum
  1/2 tsp kosher gelatin (regular gelatin works fine if you don't keep
kosher)
  2 eggs
  1 tsp. salt
  2 T oil
  2 T chicken soup stock

  Mix ingredients together. Refridgerate at least a 1/2 hour. Drop by
heaping tablespoons into boiling, salted water. Cook in a wide, covered
pot, 35 minutes. (Note: they will cook up as free-form shapes and won't
be round. They are too soft to roll.) If they stick to the bottom,
gently pry them off after the first five minutes. These are delicate and
some crumbling will occur in the boiling water. Do not stir or prod them
too much. Also, take them out of the boiling water as soon as they are
soft enough for your taste. Letting them soak will cause them to crumble
too much. They freeze ok (if you have any left to freeze!)

  Makes about 12.

http://www.ubaccess.com/oatbuy.html