From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 07:19:49 -0700

Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to call
all the companies that I had intended to
regarding the non-gebrokts issue.  I did speak to
four of them...  Two of them were quite confident
that their products were safe for celiacs and one
of these said they were considering a Kosher for
passover and/or all year long line for
gluten-intolerant.  The other two would not
commit that it was safe, but rather emphasized
that it should be.  I feel comfortable enough
with this response as I can understand their
reservations about making gluten-free
guarantees...  but I know others might not.

Several listserv members had responded as well.
Most felt that non-gebrokts = gluten-free, but a
couple were uncertain too.  A couple of them were
shocked and pleased to learn that there are
Kosher items (whether All-Year or for Passover)
that are labeled as gluten-free.  Thanks to all
that responded!!!

My favorite non-gebrokts (and gf, I've assumed
for some and been assured for others) finds this
Passover are "Frankel's Homestyle Products" Pizza
for Pezach, "Frankel's Homestyle Products" Potato
Blintzes, "Tovli" ice cream cones, "Shabtai"
Strawberry Shortcake, and "Laromme" Chocolate
Mousse Cake. (I have no interest in these
manufacturers/brands/products, except as a
consumer)