From:
Peggy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:22:13 -0600

I contacted Swanson Foods to inquire about a gluten free list and
specifically to inquire if the modified food starch listed on a package was
from wheat or corn and I was very upset when I got their response:

Thank you for taking the time to email us.  The ingredients list located on
the package is the only ingredients information available.  Contact us again
if we can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

Deborah Nastassee
Consumer Services Representative

I can't believe they don't care what is actually IN their food!  I am
sending a very firm response that I will not be purchasing ANY of their
foods until they are able to provide the ACTUAL ingredients in their foods.
The email address is: [log in to unmask]