From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:33:44 -0500
In answer to my question about low or high tolerance to pain, I received
about 40 responses, all but 3 said they had a high tolerance to pain.
Although most who responded were female, several males did respond,
divided equally in the responses.

I had Dr's appt today, and broached with subject with her and also with
my pharmacist, who is very knowledgeable.  A possible cause of this
response may be neuropathy--the nerves being damaged by the celiac and
not sending correct signals to the brain.

Next, off to the nutrionist who suggested the following vitamine formula
to combat neuropathy--a high B-complex, lipoic acid, 3 EFA capsules
and 1 GLA supplement.  This will build up the nerve sheath.

So, what we thought of as a blessing, may not be.  In order to get
a definitve diagnosis of neuropathy, an EMG test is done.  I had that
done years ago (electric current is run thru a nerve, and the more it
hurts,the greater the nerve has been damaged ) and would never consent
to it again, so I'm just going to have to wing it.