Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 16:54:42 EDT

Hi listmates,
       I'm looking for some technical help or research......

       It has been 5 years now since I learned that I have Celiac Sprue and
DH.  Four years ago, my mother was also diagnosed.  And just 2 months ago, my
uncle (my mother's brother) was also diagnosed with Celiac.

       Both my mother and I were diagnosed with additional autoimmune
disorders prior to our diagnosis of Celiac. (Systemic Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis,
Multiple Sclerosis)  However, my uncle is known to carry the gene that causes

FANCONI ANEMIA ( a genetic disorder that is created when both parents contain
the defective gene and produce a child who has the disease -  this ultimately
caused the death of his young daughter  (my first cousin ) about 14 years
ago)

 At the time of her death approximately 300 people were listed on the world
wide registry.  It was believed to be extremely rare at that time.  Since then
those thoughts have changed and it is now believed to be a much higher
prevalence (much like Celiac Sprue)

       I am looking for leads to people, research or information from anyone
on the list that might either be studying potential links between other
genetic disorders or may also be familiar with Fanconi Anemia.
I appreciate any help or suggestions you might be able to provide.

Sincerely,
A Baker