From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 11:34:21 EDT

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone found the October meeting informative and fun. I know that  I
learned a lot. I have several follow up items to discuss.

Gluten Free Girl's book party was this past week. You can find out more
information at glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com . Another interesting site with good
gf information from across the U.S. (and some international) is
celiacchicks.com. On the right hand side navigation bar there are links to other  gluten
free and allergic bloggers.

Of course if you want information on the disease itself, disease management
and scholarly information check out gluten.net . The staff is extremely
informative and has access to wonderful resources. I believe that a yearly
membership (approximately $35) includes the food identification cards we shared  in
the meeting and the quarterly journals. It is well worth it.

I was approached by Stadium Bistro (stadiumbistro.com) in Tacoma about
gluten free food and dining. At the meeting we discussed having a meal and a  tour.
We are booked to meet on Monday, December 3 rd at 6 p.m. Prior to eating  we
will have a tour. Please let me know as soon as possible who will be
attending and any other dietary concerns anyone has. Of course everyone is  welcome. I
will be giving Pete the final information the week of Thanksgiving,  sooner
if possible. There is a 6 course gluten free tasting menu available for  $65.
If anyone is interested in that please let me know ASAP. Please - RSVP so  we
may help Stadium Bistro be prepared for all of us that want to attend this
great opportunity.

Please forward this to anyone who may find it interesting or would like to
join us. I hope to hear from everyone soon! December 3rd will be fun!

Emily Smith
Email - [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])