From:
Howard Kass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 00:49:09 -0500

Reply to message from [log in to unmask] of Wed, 20 Dec

>I am interested in knowing if kahulua is gf... several months ago I asked
>this question of  this group and no one replied. On the label of the bottle
>it says "Caramel color added"..could the caramel color be from corn as this
>is a Mexican product, and what is the alcohol made from?

Roz,

I too was wondering if Kaluha is GF.  I went to my local State Store and
asked them.  They didn't know but were kind enough to find out for me.  I
am sorry to say that it is NOT GF.  It is a mixture of several different
alcohols, barley being one of them.  I am not sure of the exact mix but if
it is really important I'll try to find out again.  If not, you may want
to check with your local vendor to see what kind  of alcohol is in any
beverage.  They suggested potato vodka as being the only thing they knew
for sure was GF.

I hope this helps.

Cindy

--
Howard J. Kass, CPA                        [log in to unmask]
Cindy Koller-Kass                          Voice: (216)831-4141