From:
Saskia Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 11:36:54 EST

Dear Listmates,

I am new here, and have not yet been tested for CD, but am definitely having
difficulties with gluten. (I have been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome, but think I may also/be celiac--or just temporarily intolerant).

My question is: last night I used some new products, and this morning my
throat is all closed up (it is difficult to eat...like I have a cup in my
throat when I swallow). The last time this happened was when I missed wheat on
the label of Eden Foods Soba noodles (when I was still eating buckwheat). Does
anyone know about the following products, or is there a reference list of
products somewhere, or should I just do my best to contact the companies?

The products suspect are:

Anglia Oils--International Collection Sweet Almond Oil
Spice Islands Ground Coriander
Schilling (Mckormick and Co.) ground mustard and caraway seeds
Hain sea salt with calcium silicate
The Natural Dentist Herbal Toothpaste and Gum Therapy (Woodstock Natural
Products)--calcium carbonate, vegetable glycerin, sring water, aloe vera gel,
sodium carrageenan, echinacea, goldenseal, calendula, blood root, bee
porpolis, sodium laurel sulfate, grapefruit seed extract, spirimint essential
oil, citric acid, sea salt, sodium bicarbonate, sodium monofluorophosphate

Maybe there is contamination somewhere (I remember people mentioning that
about certain spices, but I thought these were well known brands?),  or in the
toothpaste.  I would be most appreciative if someone could point me in the
right direction!

Also, a positive contriution......in all of the rice pasta discussion I
noticed that the brand I use, Mrs. Leeper's Rice Pasta, was not mentioned,
unless I missed it.  It is really great!  There is a symbol on it that it is
supported by the Canadian CD Association. I am in no way affiliated with this
company.

Thanks,

Saskia Smith
California