From:
Barrie Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:25:02 +1200

Hi to All,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post about tooth enamel.

It appears that there are a number of things which could cause the
freckles on my daughter's teeth.  There is a strong possibility that the
spots could be caused by fluoride as this is quite common.  We will need
a trip to the dentist to identify the cause and will mention the possibility of
CD.

Those with experience with tooth enamel defects as a result of CD
report the effects to be mainly darker colour imperfections, and a dull
appearance to the tooth surface.  The enamel will be soft in places and
in some cases is completely absent.  Some people have experienced
major teeth problems as a result of this.  A number of people commented
about having difficulties with decay which stabilised around the age of
20.  This would also be the case for myself.

Don Wiss sent some useful information from an article in CCA's "Celiac
News" which includes a grading scale for enamel defects as well as
some references from Ron Hoggan.  Thanks for these.  I can forward
copies to anyone who is interested.

Regards,
Barrie Woods