From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 15:37:37 EDT

I have gone to several gastroenterologists.  The one I would recommend
is Dr.  Ketover.  He did my initial biopsy (severe blunting) and follow-
up biopsy (patchy blunting).  I told him of my concerns about bone
density, diet and skin problems and he gave me referrals to an
endocrinologist for bone density, a nutritionist (who recommended L-
Glutamine) and a dermatologist who biopsied a spot that turned out to be
an insect bite(?).

Anyway this guy is a good listener, the biopsies were painless and I
like him.  He also did a colonoscopy which went well.

Dr. Ketover #205 2855 Campus Drive, Plymouth (this is a medical office
building) 612 920 2020

This is just east of Highway 55 and 494 just north of Minnetonka.

He also has office hours at at medical building in South Minneapolis so
you need to specify where you want to go.

I HIGHLY recommend Dr Caryn Fine of Minnesota Gastroenterology. It's at
Abbott, so is close to downtown Mpls, but she is worth a bit of a drive.
She is perceptive and respectful - I have read some of the notes she has
made about me. She recognizes that celiac is not rare, and understands that
microscopic colitis can be associated with it. And she isn't threatened by
patients doing their own research and coming in with questions. I have had
nothing but good experiences in seeing her over the past 4 years!

Good luck.

Chris Silker
Minneapolis MN

Dr. Joseph Murray of the Mayo Clinic was also recommended