From:
JGottl6279 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 22:07:42 EST

I need some help on an emergency basis. If anyone out there knows the answers
to this , please email me back immediately. My daughter had surgery yesterday
for a severed tendon in her hand. She was given Percoset for a major
painkiller; this was cleared to be GF. She was given Endoset which the surgeon
has just told me is the same thing. He thinks she's reacting to the chemical
itself and not gluten; she is itching all over. He has reordered the Percoset
which we will fill now. He is telling me to give her Benadryl as a
counteractive. I can't recall if Benadryl is GF or not? I also need the name
of another serious mediacation for pain in case she continues to react. Your
help is greatly appreciated....Leslie in Atlanta; Also if Benadryl is not
safe, what else can I give her to counteract the itching??