From:
Maureen Cason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maureen Cason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:53:11 -0400

Hi All,

I only received a few responses to my question about whether anyone had experienced digestive problems after consuming GLUTEN FREE modified food staches, such as Expandex, or if they knew of a study about the topic.  No one said they knew of such a study.

One person is allergic to the sulphites she says are used to process and bleach the food starches.

One person has heard that eating products with high amounts of Expandex, a modified tapioca starch, can cause digestive issues but she has not experienced that  personally.

Two people said they DO have digestive issues after eating foods prepared with Expandex.

Thanks for your answers.

Maureen
St. Louis