From:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Lowery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:21:45 -0600

One person responded back with his experience (1) then I followed up with
Red Robin Corporate (2) and (3).

(1) I went to Red Robin and their seasoning contains hydrolyzed vegetable
protein which is a red flag to us. I ate the lettuce wrap burger and got
horrible indigestion. I have not been back.

It's their special Red Robins seasoning and they use it on everything. In
their defense. they bent over backwards to give me a gluten free meal.  I
think cross contamination is unavoidable in restaurants.

(2) The only listed allergen on the seasoning is soy.  Here is the
ingredient statement:

Salt, paprika, and other spices, dextrose, dehydrated garlic and onion,
autolyzed yeast, dehydrated tomato, hydrolyzed soy protein (caramel
color), natural flavor

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me
directly since I answer most of the allergen and nutritional queries.

Traci Slowinski
Quality Assurance Manager

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
6312 S Fiddlers Green Circle, Ste 200 N
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
P:  303-846-5431
C:  303-905-6356
F:  720-493-2759

(3) Regarding an explanation of "other spices" and "natural flavor":

Spices = basil, black pepper, celery seed, chili pepper, cumin, ginger,
mustard, oregano, red pepper, sage, and thyme

Natural Flavor = smoke flavoring

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Traci Slowinski
Quality Assurance Manager

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers
6312 S Fiddlers Green Circle, Ste 200 N
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
P:  303-846-5431
C:  303-905-6356
F:  720-493-2759

We just got a new Red Robin in my area in Tennessee, so I emailed the
corporate office inquiring about a gluten free menu. See their positive
response below. They also copied about 20 other Red Robin emails, including
the managers of our restaurant location. Bravo to Red Robin!
Janet Lowery
Nashville