From:
Marcy Thorner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:40:52 EDT

Hi,

I just wanted to share a wonderful experience. We went to Outback in
Frederick, MD, for dinner last night, something we do often. We didn't take the
celiac menu with us, and my daughter chose the Alice Springs Chicken. I didn't
give it much thought, as we eat there so often and she knows what she can have.
The manager had checked in at our table and was aware that we were ordering
gluten free and stopped the order, returning to explain that the mushrooms
with  that dish are seasoned with something containing gluten. She did this just
as  our other orders were arriving and returned within two minutes with a
replacement (ribs) for my daughter, without the apples and fries (garlic mashed
substituted).

Yes, I should have been paying more attention, but I was delighted that the
staff there was so aware and so helpful.

By the way, we also found that we prefer the new BBQ sauce, which is
slightly sweeter and not as peppery as the original.

Marcy in MD, who has no affiliation with Outback