Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:09:17 PDT

Because of the confusion regarding Westbrae products, I telephoned
them today and asked them to fax me a copy of the gluten free
products.  As mentioned in a previous email from someone else, they
have a wheat free list. None of the products on the list contain rye
either.  It includes a couple of products which have oats, and I have
omitted those from this posting since the product names contain the
word OAT in them.  Their list

It lists also contains products which contain barley but specifies
which ones contain it.  So I have weeded it down to the following that
are gluten free; however, I have also included notations on some
products that contain gluten so we watch out for them.  Please note
that although they make a rice syrup that contains barley enzyme, many
of their products contain a gluten free rice syrup which is not
manufactured by them.  SO READ THIS CAREFULLY WATCHING FOR NOTATIONS
ON BARLEY.

I have updated my dairy page for the products which contain dairy,
however, I still need to update the on-going list when I get a chance.
 It may be a while, so refer to the dairy page if you need current
information on dairy substitutes.

Here is the dairy page which is more up to date...
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-dairy.html

GLUTEN FREE UNLESS NOTED HERE OTHERWISE:

Westbrae Organic Tahinis - Raw Sesame, Toasted Sesame, and
Mid-Eastern Sesame

Westbrae Fat Free Organic Canned Beans - Black Beans, Barbanzo
Beans, Great Northern Beans, Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Red
Beans,  Soybeans, Lentils, Salad Beans, Chili Beans, and Spit Peas
(*NOTE "Soup Beans" contain barley*)

Westbrae Organic Potato Chips - Potato chips, Ripple Potato Chips,
and No Salt Added Potato Chips

Westbrae Catsups - Fruit Sweetened Catsup, Unsweetened Unketsup,
Squeeze Fruit Sweetened Catsup, and No Salt Added Fruit Sweetened
Catsup (this last one contains corn)

Westbrae Soy Sauce - Wheat Free Tamari

Westbrae Organic Vegetables - Whole Kernel Golden Corn, Sweet
Garden Peas, Blue Lake Cut Green Beans, and French Cut Green Beans

Westbrae Miso Tubs and Bags - Tub Mellow Red, Tub Mellow White, Tub
Mellow Brown Rice, Bag Miso Red 1 Year, Bag Miso Brown Rice, Bag
Miso Hatch 3 Year, Instant White Miso

Westbrae Corn Pasta - Spaghetti, Elbows, Angel Hair, Shells, and
Garden Twists

Westbrae Soups of the World - Alabama Black Bean Gumbo, Louisiana
Bean Stew, Santa Fe Vegetable, Great Plain Savory, Old World Split
Pea, Rich Mediterranean Lentil, Tuscany Tomato Soup, California
Unchicken Broth, Savannah Unchicken Rice (*NOTE French Country Onion
and the Wellington Unbeef CONTAIN GLUTEN*)

Cafe'Westbrae - Coffee, French Vanilla, and Mocha

Westbrae Lite Malteds - Carob, Almond, Vanilla Royale, Cocoa Mint,
and Creamy Banana

Westbrae Malteds - Cocoa Mint, Carob, Java, and Almond (*NOTE their
Vanilla flavored malted contains Barley*)

Westbrae Non Dairy Rice Drinks (Rice Beverages...) (Brown Rice syrup
is convereted with fungal enzyme and is gf) - Plain (regular and
concentrate), Vanilla (regular and concentrate)

Westbrae Non-Fat Soy Beverage (Brown Rice syrup is convereted with
fungal enzyme and is gf) - Non-Fat Plain, Non-Fat Vanilla

Westsoy Non Dairy Creamer

Westsoy Organic Soy Beverage - Westsoy Unsweetened (*NOTE Westsoy
Original Flavor CONTAINS GLUTEN from barley enzyme*)

DON'T USE "Westsoy Soy Drink" - *ALL CONTAIN GLUTEN from barley
enzyme* (COMES IN A BLUE CONTAINER... SO WATCH OUT FOR THESE)

Westsoy Plus Soy Beverages (Brown Rice syrup is convereted with
fungal enzyme and is gf) - Westsoy Plus Plain, Westsoy Plus Vanilla,
and Westsoy Plus Cocoa

Westsoy Lite Soy Beverages (Brown Rice syrup is convereted with
fungal enzyme and is gf) - Westsoy Lite Plain, Westsoy Lite Vanilla,
 and Westsoy Lite Cocoa

Westsoy Soy Concentrates (Brown Rice syrup is convereted with fungal
 enzyme and is gf)- Westsoy Vanilla Concentrate, Westsoy Plain
Concentrate

Abigail, St Paul, MN
Celiac Disease On-Line Support Group
http://www.customforum.com/celiac/