From:
Scott Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 15:36:33 -0700

At Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:25:30 EDT Julie McQuillan wrote:

 >Both my husband and I are GF. We drank a bottle of wine last night and it
 >had to have gluten in it. After one glass we both were spacey and by the
 >second it was it was hard to concentrate.

Please note that all California wines are gluten-free, and so are most
other wines (I've not yet found one which could be shown to contain gluten,
foreign or domestic, but that doesn't mean that one doesn't exist). In any
case, whatever the McQuillans' "giggly high" was, it was not caused by gluten.

I personally do not think it is a good idea to post negative product
information like this to a news group without being fairly certain about
the information (I've gotten in trouble for this before!). A simple call to
the winery would have proven that the wine in question does not contain
gluten. The McQuillans' could be allergic or sensitive to the sulfites,
which is a different issue, or they could have simply been a bit tipsy.
Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Support Page:
http://www.celiac.com/
The Gluten-Free Mall(TM)