From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 2013 17:00:29 -0400

Oriental Chicken
2 large chicken breasts, cut in strips
1 few squirts of Bragg Liquid Amino*
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 small onion, sliced
green pepper, sliced
1/4 head cabbage, shredded**
Combine liquid amino, garlic, and crushed red pepper; marinate chicken  for
4 hours.
Combine peanut butter, 1 tbsp oil, brown sugar and remaining a couple  more
squirts of amino  (if it’s too  thin, add a little water).  If I’m  making
a large recipe, I double this portion of the sauce.
Stir fry chicken until almost done.  Add onions and peppers and cook until
crisp.  Stir in cabbage and peanut sauce.  Simmer only until heated through
and  serve with rice (or omit if you prefer).
    *   If you don’t use liquid amino, you can use soy  sauce (I decided
years ago to lower salt intake and the liquid amino is made  from soy beans
with practically no sodium.
** I’ve  started using bagged cole slaw mix – easy and has more vegetables
in  it.
I had leftovers the other day and to stretch it out I sauteed cut up
shrimp, added some more onions and cole slaw mix (also added some more of the  pea
nut butter sauce.