From:
"B. Wojcik" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B. Wojcik
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:04:47 -0600

The following Star Tribune article
http://www.startribune.com/1526/story/1018756.html describes the new Air
America radio talk show host as populist and says where he eats speaks
volumes.  He's dining at a gluten-free restaurant.

At first I thought "Oh good! More media exposure for celiac disease!"  Then
I read the context of how it's written and instead, the article politicizes
and mocks gluten-intolerance.

My emailed message to the paper:

Silverman politicized the legitimate health issue of gluten-intolerance.
The fact that the radio host was dining at a gluten-free restaurant has
absolutely nothing to do with his populist views, or anything else in the
article for that matter.  Let me tell you, it's hard enough to deal with
celiac disease without getting hit with political labels.  Mocking a health
issue is ignorant and just plain bad journalism.

Barbara

MN

*******
*******