From:
CATHERINE JOHNSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 97 15:37:46 EST

     After all of the airline bashing lately, I want to relay a rather good
     experience with DELTA.  I have just started flying Delta due to
     changes in my projects at work.  They seem to understand the GF diet
     as well as any airline I've experienced here in the states.

     I flew from Tampa FL to NYC a few weeks ago.  The flight had a snack
     service.  I ordered a GF meal and was pleased at the GF aspect of the
     meal.  The regular snack was turkey and cheese on a bun with chips
     (Doritos Nacho flavor), a cookie and packets of mayo and mustard.  I
     received a very nice sized serving of plain turkey and a few slices of
     swiss cheese on 2 plain rice cakes.  No packets of mayo or mustard.
     In addition, there was a pack of plain potato chips (regular Lays, I
     think).  There was also some fresh tomato and lettuce to add to the
     sandwich if I so chose.

     Not bad from a GF perspective.  Still pretty lousy from the overall
     nutritional standpoint -- minimal fruits or veggies and high salt
     content.  The rice cakes were soggy and the tomato and lettuce were
     rather sad looking.  I ate the meat and cheese and the chips, drank a
     soda and had a lovely conversation with the gentleman sitting next to
     me.  A very pleasant flight.

     Recently I have come to expect the very least from airline food.  I
     have diabetes as well as CD so I have to be especially pro-active
     about what and when I eat.  It was just delightful to get served foods
     that wouldn't poison me with gluten, even if it wasn't particularly
     edible.

     Cathy in CT