Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:43:08 EDT

My 5 yr old daughter (diagnosed with Celiac Disease at age 3) has recently
been having mini-accidents in her pants.   She will have somewhere between a
teaspoon and a few tablespoons of bowel (not diarrhea) in her underwear.   This
is happening close to daily.

I am getting frustrated with this because I can't tell whether this is a
discipline issue (e.g. she just doesn't want to stop what she is doing to use the
bathroom) or whether this could be related to CD.   I could see that a child
might not have complete bowel control after spending 2 of her 5 years of life
with diarrhea.

As a mother, I would treat a discipline issue very differently from a
physical limitation.

Her doctor feels the mini-accidents are probably not related to CD since her
bowels are normal now..   But I am not completely sure.    And at age 5 I
really cannot rely on   her to be able to tell me what is going on physically.

Does anyone have any suggestions?   Anyone experienced anything like this???

Thanks in advance,
Jessica
P.S. For what it is worth, I too have CD but never any symptoms

*******
*******