From:
Robin and Doug Schantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 17:18:54 -0500

This is in response to Janet in Maine.  She was wondering about the
strength of Kitchen Aid's with gluten free flours.  I work for a
national kitchen outfitter and sell the KSM90 and K5 versions of the
mixer (4 1/2 vs. 5 qt.).  Both are equally good at making gluten-free
breads.  The extra 1/2 quart difference in the larger model is great for
double batches of anything.  The motor is strong enough in both models.
The larger one has a slightly stronger motor to compensate for the
additional workload.  They are easy to use and very durable.  I've had
mine (4 1/2 qt.) for years and it has never failed me.  Any attachments
you may want to buy for the Kitchen Aids will work on both models (such
as the juicer, meat grinder, grain mill--good for milling your own GF
flours out of dried chick peas, etc.), pasta attachment, etc.

Good luck!

Robin in Indiana