From:
Shelia Mullis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shelia Mullis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:21:17 -0500

My husband was diagnosed in October of 2004. Since then we have been
very careful with what he eats. He has had some slip ups with the diet
but basically as far as we know he is gluten free. He is not doing very
well now and we are very confused. He has been in the hospital several
times dehydrated and in a lot of pain. Within 3 months time in 2004 he
lost around 80 pounds due to him being sick (throwing up) all the time.
I have not read a lot about people with celiac throwing up it is usually
diarrhea. He did get better for a while during the last year, but has
never recovered his strength. He had to have two back surgeries this
summer and has not been able to go back to work, which we received a
letter from his company a few weeks ago that he has been terminated. Now
he is going through a really bad time. He does not have any strength,
his stomach hurts all the time and he is not eating regularly. When he
tries to eat he will take a few bites and then says he feels sick and
won't eat anymore. His regular doctor is at a loss on what to do. His
last hospitalization in early October 2005, his regular doctor had a GI
doctor running tests for a week. Every test that they ran came back
showing nothing. The blood work only showed something off with the
pancreas. They have tested the gallbladder several ways and it shows
nothing wrong. They did an endoscopy  again and found nothing there.
They have mentioned lymphoma but have said they would have to do
exploratory surgery to find it or what is causing his problems.

This week he has been lethargic and has slurred speech at times. He
sleeps all the time and says he feels terrible. I don't know what to do.
If anyone can give me some information or advice I would really
appreciate it. I have learned so much from you guys just from reading
the emails coming across this listserv. You guys are wonderful. =20

Shelia Mullis