From:
Toni Nolte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 19:48:21 -0600

"One day I decided to strip away all that I had been taught, to accept as
true my own feelings.  Those were the best days of my life."  Georgia
O'Keefe

I'm only "officially" diagnosed as allergic to wheat and gluten (IGg blood
test and positive response to the diet).

I choose not to put myself through the challenge.  I'm just not up to it
physically or emotionally.  I spent too many years feeling like I felt,
being brushed off as a hypochondriac and trying to accept that what was
bothering me as normal to make myself sick -- again -- so another doctor
can take another stab at determing what ills me in this particular respect.

My own feelings tell me I'm doing OK.

I get along pretty good these days and am happy with the results I get from
a GF and dairy free diet.  At 40 I have smooth, clear skin for the first
time in my adult life, my digestion is pretty much normal and the migraines
are much less severe.  I've also been diagnosed as having fibromyalgia and
find those symptoms less bothersome, too.  It all stays mostly manageable
as long as I stick to a GF/dairy free diet.    I didn't learn about the
more serious implications of DH and CD, or the many parallels to my
situation, until I'd already been working at GF living for many months.

By the way, you people (officially diagnosed or not) have played no small
part in my success.  The daily exchange of information and the archives
have been invaluable resources.  Thank you all for being here.

Toni Nolte
OPKS, USA, Earth