From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 01:59:01 -0400

Here's a summary of summaries.  Again, thanks to all of you who have
responded.

--Mildie

I takeMacrobid 100mg (for urinary and colon infection) and CVS told me that
it was gluten-free (I am listed as a celiac in their files and they always
tell me about my meds)<

---------------------------

I've taken Macrobid tons of times. I've talked to the manufacturer and was
told it's GF. My primary care doc also told me that Macrobid is one of
those antibiotics that does not affect the gut flora.

a major recent study has shown that taking 70 mg of fosamax once a week
works every bit as well as taking the normal 10 mg per day.

The problem with Fosamax is that it contains lactose.

50% of Celiacs are lactose-intolerant.

There is a newer medication, Didronel (Etidronate) that
hasn't been approved for Osteoporosis, yet, but has for Paget's
disease.  There is no lactose in the Didronel.