From:
Christoph Hintze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:24:15 -0400

Does anyone have any information regarding the gf status of Oscar Mayer
Bun-Length Wieners?

The label I have says they contain pork, mechanically separated turkey,
water, salt and corn syrup, plus "less than 2%" of dextrose, flavoring,
sodium phosphates, sodium erythorbate (made from sugar), sodium nitrite.

The ingredient I am worried about is the flavoring, but if there are any
other ingredients I should be worried about, I'd like to know that too!  The
label specifically states that there are no fillers.  I am currently using a
(rather expensive) brand from the health food store which has no fillers OR
added flavorings, but the Oscar Mayer dogs are less expensive and easier to
get late at night when the health food store is closed.  (Of course, these
are not a staple, but they do come in so handy when we get rushed and don't
have time to cook "real" food.)

I plan to call the company's 1-800 number tomorrow, but I took the chance
that someone on the list already knows. . . .

Thanks for any help,
Sherry Hintze in Newport, NC