From:
Susan Krauss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 19:01:56 -0700

I unfortunately forgot to include this reply in my recap of Duck Sauce
recipes and suggestions.

Jane Ehrenfeld <[log in to unmask]> sent the following recipe.  It's
similar to the other one posted and probably the measurements from one
would work with the other.

susan

---------------

I make a "Duck Sauce" by mixing apricot conserve (Smuckers Simply Fruit or
Polaners All Fruit) with rice wine or cider vinegar, soy sauce, dry
sherry, dry mustard and ginger.  I mix them in a sauce pan, warming
through to allow the flavors to meld, cool and zip through the food
processor.  I sort of do this by eye (nose and mouth, if you know what I
mean) but aproximate measurements would be 1 c. apricot stuff, 2 or 3 T.
vinegar, 1 or 2 T. soy sauce, 1 T. dry sherry (or mirin if you have it), a
couple of dashes (up to 1/4 tsp., I guess) of dry mustard -- depends on
how much heat you want, and about 1 T. fresh grated ginger.  I think that
is all I put in it.  I may have the recipe written down but I am not
sure...  Sorry to be so vague.  I hope you will summarize for the list --
I too am a Saucy Susan fan (although I haven't had any for over 8 years!)
and would be interested in a prepared (GF) sauce if you hear of any.

Jane (in VA)

Susan Krauss                            Krauss Research
[log in to unmask]                      http://www.wenet.net/~skrauss