From:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PATRICA CLARK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:37:02 -0400

I recently traveled to Charleston, SC and stayed at the Hampton Inn.  They offer a complimentary hot breakfast with your room.  I usually try to avoid making an issue of celiac and just eat what I know is safe but I risked taking a chance and asking the chef if they had any gluten free bread on hand.  No one there was familiar with Celiac but the chef/cook insisted on taking me to the manager to accommodate me.  The hotel manager insisted that I tell him where he could get the bread that I need.  I told him about Whole Foods baked goods.  He made a special trip himself to get the gluten free bread and every morning the waitresses/cooks would get my bread for me and toast it.  I have never been more kindly treated before.
Even without the bread, the hotel had a lot of choices, eggs, sausage fresh fruit, fruit salad, juices, milk, coffee.  Of course, they had some other things that are not gluten free such as biscuits, sausage gravy, wonderful danish, bagels, etc for others.  But overall, there were lots of choices to make and the staff was tremendously accommodating and friendly.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Charleston.  They were excellent, accommodating and friendly.