Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:58:42 +0200

Dear Listreaders:

My son turns 6 on Thursday and I am desperate for something that would go
for a kid. I collected off the list's recipes one for White Cake Cupcakes
and decided to try it. They are really quite good and I would really
recommend the recipe. (I think you can retrieve past CELIST recipes.) And
thank you to whoever came up with it.

The recipe calls for 2c GF mix. To test it, since this was my first time
with it, I made half a recipe. 1c GF mix was enough for just about a
dozen. An extra idea might be to add sprinkles or GF choco. chips to the
batter. Kids like that.

My question is this: Can you take this recipe and tripple or quadruple it
to make it into a white cake, say 9"x9"? Anyone try that?

For convenience, I'll repost the recipe here:

2c GF mix (use Bette Hagman's)
1.5c sugar
3.5 tsp. baking powder
1tsp. salt
0.5c shortening
1c milk
1tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
1tsp. xanthan gum

Heat oven to 350/ Blend 1/2 min of low speed, scraping constantly. Beat 3
min on high speed, scraping bowl occassionally. Pour in greased muffin
tins lined with paper cups. Bake 15-20min. or until tester comes out
clean. Cool.

Thanks for any culinary ideas.

Sharon Marcus