From:
Diane Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 02:08:56 -0500

   I came across some information regarding the trace mineral, silica.  Seems
it is found in foods such as wheat, oats and barley, which of course are
forbidden in the gluten free diet.  Since silica relieves dry skin, brittle
nails, thinning hair and dandruff, it stands to reason those celiacs
experiencing problems like these might benefit from extra silica.  One
herbal source listed was horsetail.  The article also mentioned it being
available in a gel form from quartz.

   I would like to hear from any celiacs who have tried this
supplementation to know what their results were with it.