From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2013 16:51:04 -0400

Finally went to Casona of Collingswood (NJ), last night.  Excellent!

It's a Cuban/Latin cuisine restaurant with a varied, interesting menu.  The good part is that MOST of it is gluten-free and clearly marked. It looks like everything was made from scratch.  I had a delicious steak with vegetables, guacamole and a flavorful sauce, and my non-gf friends and spouse had soups, salads, and empanadas.  Everything was delicious.  Dinner entrees ran about $25 each, some more, some less.  (And for those bringing kids...the fries are gf, too.)

I first met the chef at the Appetite 4 Awareness expo sponsored by NFCA in Philadelphia, some time ago.  Got a coupon from Restaurant.com.....but it took many months before I had the chance to go there.

It is only about 20 minutes east of Philadelphia (have to cross the Delaware River to NJ), but not hard to get to.  (Just watch out for rush hour, and do make reservations.)

Live music was a plus...and not too loud.  Front porch allowed for open air dining.

www.mycasona.com