From:
Chloe Macy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 10:41:13 -0400

Dear List,

Recently, I was shopping at my local natural foods store, looking
quick, easy GF alternatives to my usual "cook from scratch" diet.
A little delving into the lesser known areas of the store yielded
wonderful discoveries.  I won't post recipes, but will list
ingredients for you to come up with your own combinations.

Seitenbacher: Dried soup stock powders in Chicken and Vegetable
              (This company also makes good GF gravy mixes)
Miso Cup: Dried Miso soup powder-GF

Frontier Herbs: Dried Broth Powders, freeze dried onion flakes-GF

Just Veggies: Freeze dried vegetables: Peas, Corn, Carrots,
              Peppers, Tomatoes-GF

Eden: Freeze Dried Mushrooms: Shiitakes, Chanterells, etc...GF

Eden Organics: Freeze-dried tofu-GF

Eden Organics: Dried Bonita Flakes (Plain dried tunafish)-GF
Soken: Dried Sea Vegetable Salad-GF

Maine Sea Coast Vegetables: Dried Dulse Flakes-GF (Great source
                            of minerals and salt)

I've come up with several good combinations.  Try adding your
own favourite GF seasonings or herb blends, Gf parmesan cheese,
instant potatoes, etc...

Then, all you need to do is put it into a Tupperware-like container,
pack it and go.  Just add hot water. (Most of these ingredients are
ready after 10 minutes soaking)

Gwynneth in Boston
PS: The above ingredients are GF (I hope that goes without saying!)