Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:05:55 -0400

HELP!  I am so ticked off right now.  My DD is 8.  She is in Brownies.
I am a co-leader.  Today, I had a critical meeting that kept me away
from Brownies for the first 15 minutes - snack time.  I had given all
the parents a list of appropriate snacks and BRAND NAMES.  The other
leader is a nurse and well aware of the CD.  She agreed to read the list
before feeding anything to my DD.
I arrived to find they had had carrots and ranch dressing.  She
neglected to read the list and the parent who sent the food in sent in
Hidden Valley, not Kraft as was specified.
Aside from my fuming anger at the co-leader and the parent (who lived
the CD diet for a year when her daughter was mis diagnosed with CD)...
I called Hidden Valley.  They said there is no W, B, or R.  As for Oats,
they said they had no info.  However, all items are used in their plant
and there may be minute amounts in the dressing.
DD is asymptomatic.  Has anyone recently consumed Hidden Valley?  If so,
did you have any reaction?
I am hoping she is okay, but very concerned and your
reaction/non-reaction will help me in calming down or getting even more
fumed.
TIA.
Sara, CT