From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 10:18:20 -0400

My  daughter was just diagnosed with Chondrocalcinosis and
Costochondritis.  It seems that her rib case has calcified and become
fused together.  It makes it difficult for her to breathe.  She thought
she had problems with her heart and lungs which symptoms can mimic.  One
of the causes is malabsorption, so I believe it is related to the celiac
disease.  Has anyone on the list had such a diagnosis?  If so, is there
anything that can be done about it?  She is in her 30's.  The doctor
seemed mystified as to the cause and cure, if any.  But will send her
for more tests.  She is in a lot of pain  for about 6 years.  The
medical profession  has been "blowing her off" for all that time and
doing the usual diagnosis of panic attack when she can't breathe well
and depression, you know, the usual.  Any information would be
appreciated.  Thanks, Carol in NJ