From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:37:44 -0800

Hi All--

I know not all of you have a Publix close by (or even maybe in the same county or state), and I know that shopping at Publix is much more expensive than places like Walmart, but I wanted to pass along some information I received from Publix yesterday.

Over the weekend, I wanted some frozen french fries and couldn't find any at Walmart that were GF - hard to believe, I know, but I took every list of GF potatoes I had and came up with nothing. I went to Publix and found crinkle cut french fries under the Publix brand name. Nothing in the ingredient list looked bad, but I decided to write to them via email.

Yesterday, a quality assurance rep called me to let me know that they provide a list of GF items sold under the Publix brand name and also the Greewise name, which is their organic line. She faxed me a total of 19 pages of items (a page or two were recipes). I told her I would post this information for anyone who wanted to request a list.

Even for those of us who don't shop at Publix often, I was impressed with the number of GF items available. Always good to have yet another resource! And yes, the Publix crinkle cut french fries are GF!

As with most GF food suppliers, the Publix rep told me people should call ever month or so to be sure an item on the list is still GF. If anyone wants to call them, their number is 1-800-242-1227.

Cheers,
Ayn in Alabama

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!