From:
Win LeGrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 19:51:34 -0500

A note re Gillian's French Rolls.  Recently I read several raves about these
on this list, figured the baker must be way off somewhere, got the phone #
with same area code as mine, and discovered they are just one town away!
 Saved shipping charges by going in person to pick up an order and met Chef
Bob and Gillian, his celiac daughter who's about 10 yrs old, and her younger
brother.  A lovely family!

I had wondered whether the rolls could be that great, or if they'd be small
and a rip-off at $6.50/dz.  They are HUGE, hamburg roll size, very hearty and
good.  Bought a dz for a surprise for my celiac friend.  It was such a joy to
see her slice one, make a sandwich, and have to use both hands to eat this
delight.  My breadmaking efforts have yielded only small-slice breads, and
none with the hearty texture of these rolls.

There are 6 kinds: poppy, sesame, and plain @ $6.50/dz; carmelized onion,
sun-dried tomato, and cinnamon-raisin @ $7.50\dz.  They are well worth the
price and you won't be disappointed.  They toast well, microwave well, and
freeze well.

The phone #, again, is (617) 286-4095.  You won't be disappointed!

Linda