From:
Dan Pollak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Pollak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:44:02 -0800

I worked at the Rainforest Cafe for a while.  I have worked in other
restaurants before, and I was impressed by their kitchen procedures.  One of
those procedures is that there are several vats of deep fry oil.  The first
set is only for potatoes.  The second is for some battered things, and the
third is for frying fish, etc.

The oil in the first set of vats is fresh.  This oil goes to the second
batch, then the third.  The key thing is that as of two years ago at the
location in San Francisco, their french fries are safe.  I am not sure if
this procedure is also followed at other Landry Restaurants.

--
Dan Pollak