From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 11:43:43 EST

News from Coyla and your Gluten Intolerant Group on Whidbey Island,  WA

Thanks to everyone who attended our Oct 12th breakfast meeting and a  special
thanks to Sydney, who opened her home, and to all who brought goodies  and
helped cook. We had 16 attend. Let us know if any of you later tried some of
the different flours or grains and what your family thought of them.

The Food Mart in Clinton keeps filling my requests for new products (new to
Whidbey) that no one else seems able to get. Besides a wide variety of flours
including yummy millet, sorghum, and teff and many of our G. F. grains, they
also are getting CHEBE BREAD mixes. Chebe is the national bread of New
Zealand  and it is fabulous. It is made with Tapioca flour. You simply add eggs and
water  or milk, stir and bake. It makes the best bread sticks and pizza crust
ever. Eat  it fresh while it is still warm. I will be bringing it to our Dec
holiday  tasting party. The Food Mart has also placed gluten free signs
throughout the  store where ever there is a G.F. item, making it easy for us to shop.
If you are  looking for a delicious soy sauce, try Braggs Liquid Aminos,
which they now  carry. I use it to replace bouillon or beef broth, adding a few
tablespoons to  my soups. It's also good on vegetables and in gravies and sauces.

Holiday Tasting Event
Sunday, Dec. 2nd, 3:00-5:00
Freeland Library  Meeting room
(525 to Main street, North on Harbor, Right on Library  Lane)
Include spouses and significant others.
Bring an appetizer or  dessert either home-made ( include your recipe and
G.F. brands used) or store  bought with packaging and name of store where you
purchased it.
Need a  ride/share? Call Sidney at 360-321-4272

Let's share our stories too - symptoms - how long before you were diagnosed
- what has been helpful, etc.
We've all come a long ways and our stories need  to be told. I hope to get
the newspaper to publish some as that is how others  come to find out about
Gluten Intolerance and seek to get diagnosed, often  ending years of suffering. I
feel so very grateful to be rid of a whole host of  symptoms due to my
gluten-free diet, which was truly an answer to prayer. I know  we will all live
longer and better lives because we've learned to eat gluten  free.

If you are unable to attend, keep in touch. We need to count each and every
one of you in order to get more G.F. products, restaurant menus, and hopefully
 soon a bakery. For now, the Coupeville coffee house has G.F. brownies and
banana  bread.

You can Email [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])

Your friend,
Coyla