From:
Penny Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 14:59:18 EST

Thanks so much for all of the Celiacs who responded!

I received 31 responses.

Approximately 60% of you have had muscle difficulty before being diagnosed
with Celiac Disease.  After following the gluten-free diet for a few weeks,
the muscle difficulty subsided.  What a miracle!

The rest suggested a variety of causes such as:  Lou Gehrig's Disease,
Myasthenia Gravis, gave web site re muscles, refer to doctor dealing with
immune diseases.

So far my co-worker's wife has been identified as having Lupus.  They
originally had felt she had cancer, but that was ruled out.  She is to have
other tests next week, and will take information I gave to her husband
regarding Celiac Disease to her next medical appt.  Hopefully they will do
the blood work and small bowel biopsy before her symptoms get worse.

Thanks again so much for all your responses!  I'll let you know if we have
another Celiac in the Norfolk, VA area.

Penny
Virginia Beach, VA