From:
Kathy McDermid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 20:36:04 -0400

Hi to you all,
        One of the members of my St. Cloud,MN, celiac support group is the
lady who writes the newsletter for the Midwest Gluten Intolerance Group
(MGIG).  She recently got a letter from a member of MGIG who lives in San
Diego asking her for some help.  She asked if I would post the letter to
this list to see if anyone here can help out.  Send any responses you have
for Ida to me and I will forward them to her.  Thank you very much.  Her
letter reads as follows (word for word):

Midwest Gluten Intolerance Group
Dear Sir or Madam,
        I have a favor to ask of you.  I know you have several doctors as
advisors to the organization.  Would you ask them to find me a doctor in
the San Diego area who is an expert in dealing with celiacs.
        As I grow older I have more digestive problems.  My family doctor
is trying to help but does not seem to consider my problem to be caused by
intolerance to gluten, a factor.
        I have been a member of the group for 10 or 12 years, even though
we have not lived in Minnesota for 28 years.  I have received a great deal
of help from the newsletter.  You people are providing a wonderful service
to many people.
        We are both 87 and living in a Retirement Complex that offers 3
levels of Health Care.  We are in an independent living unit.
        Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
                                        Ida

also available at [log in to unmask]