From:
Jamie Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:15:43 -0600

Why does everyone naturally assume that they have DH when they break out
in a "rash".  Dermatitis Herpetiformis is much more than a rash.  My
husband has had this condition for 2 years.  The blisters are painful,
they rupture and the scarring is horrible.  He has had them on his head,
back, arms (this is the main eruption site), knees, and facial area.
(Other places I won't mention)  He has never had them on his  waist,
toes, stomach or back.  This is a most painful disorder and an
embarrassing one as well.  When he has a break-out, he has to wear long
sleeve shirts when we are in public because of all the stares.  He takes
Dapsone, uses Temovate E cream, and Hydroxyzine for itching-these make
him really irritable.  We find it hard to trace back the origin of the
gluten ingestion because it can take up to a week before the first
blisters appear.  He also has outbreaks due to stress. Maybe this
information will help someone.  I, in no way, want to offend anyone.
Just curious.  He also has young adult on-set diabetes.  Please, don't
feel sorry for us.  Things can always be worse.  I really enjoy this
list!

Jamie